Here you can see an example overview of the costs involved when booking live music for a wedding. As there are so many factors involved when putting together a quote, please contact me with your requirements and I will provide you with a custom quote.
The costs vary depending on how many musicians are booked, how long they should play for and, in some cases (e.g. church weddings), how many pieces you would like them to play. When booked for several hours of background music, musicians play in 45-minute sets.
As a general rule, the longer a musician plays, the cheaper the hourly rate.
- QUARTET for a wedding (entrance music, 1-2 musical interludes, exit music, ca. 1 hour) = from 1.150 € (incl. VAT)
- QUARTET for a wedding, succeeded by cocktails/champagne reception, ca. 2 hours = from 1500 € (incl. VAT)
- TRIO for a wedding (entrance music, 1-2 musical interludes, exit music, ca. 1 hour) = from 900 € (incl. VAT)
- TRIO for a wedding, succeeded by cocktails/champagne reception, ca. 2 hours = from 1.200 € (incl. VAT)
- DUO for a wedding (entrance music, 1-2 musical interludes, exit music, ca. 1 hour) = from 700 € (incl. VAT)
- DUO for a wedding, succeeded by cocktails/champagne reception, ca. 2 hours = from 800 € (incl. VAT)
- SOLO INSTRUMENT (e.g. piano, harp) for a wedding (entrance music, 1-2 musical interludes, exit music, ca. 1 hour) = from 450 € (incl. VAT)
- SOLO INSTRUMENT (e.g. piano, harp) for a wedding, succeeded by cocktails/champagne reception, ca. 2 hours = from 550 € (incl. VAT)
Most popular ensembles
I offer a wide range of instrument and vocal combinations. Here is a list of the most popular groups requested by clients.
- Brass quintet (2 trumpets, horn, trombone, tuba)
- Woodwind quintet (flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon, horn)
- String quartet (2 violins, viola, violoncello)
- Piano quartet (violin, viola, violoncello, piano)
- Wind instrument and string trio (violin, viola, violoncello in combination with flute, oboe, clarinet or horn)
- String trio (violin, viola, violoncello)
- Piano trio (violin, violoncello, piano)
- Reed trio (oboe, clarinet, bassoon)
- Instrumental duo (any instrument in combination with piano or harp)
- Vocal duo (voice accompanied by piano or harp)
Who is Music by Cara and what do you do?
I (Charla Schutte) am the owner of this music agency and organise live music for a wide variety of events. I work with top classical musicians from well-known orchestras in Germany and am therefore in a unique position to provide you with professional musicians to compliment your event. The musicians play anything from classical music to modern arrangements of pop and rock (crossover music) on classical music instruments.
I manage your booking process from the beginning to the end. This includes meetings with clients, visiting venues, contacting and organising musicians, repertoire selection, drawing up contracts, being present at your event on request, and sometimes even pouring champagne for guests if the waiters are overwhelmed!
What makes Music by Cara so unique - why should I make use of your service?
Through Music by Cara you have access to the best professional musicians in the Rhein-Main region and elsewhere. These professionals all play in well-known orchestras or are engaged at opera houses and have many other concert engagements outside of their orchestral/vocal commitments.
I engage musicians based on their musical abilities and professional reputations. They do not pay me to represent them in any way and therefore you will not unknowingly be offered substandard musicians. My aim is to sustain and increase this high quality of music-making whilst keeping it cost-effective.
Your choice is not limited to just a few ensembles, you have access to more than 30 different ensemble combinations, e.g. string trio or quartets, flute and strings, woodwind ensembles, etc. Included on this list are singers, pianists and other solo instruments.
Do you only offer classical music?
Our main focus is classical music ranging from the Baroque to Modern periods. However, the musicians also play crossover music (e.g. pop, rock or jazz on classical instruments). I don’t work with all-round entertainers, DJ’s or Pop/Rock Bands.
Can I see the musicians in action at an event?
My musicians normally play at private events and naturally we respect our client’s privacy. However, I’m more than happy to send you their professional performance schedule (concerts or opera productions in theatres) which I encourage you to attend! Visit the audio page to listen to a selection of audio examples.
How far in advance should I book your service?
Contact me as soon as you’ve fixed the date for your event so I can offer you a wide variety of options. I will, of course, also assist you with last-minute requests.
Who are the musicians?
I only work with professional musicians from well-known German orchestras and with whom I’ve built up a good working relationship. These musicians are all permanently appointed. Music is not just a sideline for them.
Do the musicians only perform at events in Wiesbaden and surroundings?
Although the agency is based in Wiesbaden, the musicians travel to various locations around Hessen and the adjoining Bundesländer. If you wish to book musicians for an event on, for example, Ibiza or Mallorca, you’ll need to pay for the travel arrangements and accommodation for the musicians.
Who is responsible for GEMA fees?
Normally the event organiser is responsible for GEMA fees. Please refer to GEMA’s website for more information. FYI, most classical repertoire is GEMA-free.